HONEYFEST SAN DIEGO'S SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY
UNBEELIEVABLE HIVE ANNIVERSARY AND FUNDRAISING PARTY
Saturday, January 14 from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Suggested Donation: $15 at the door includes live music and honey tasting
As the party-part of San Diego's first Honey Festival, this occasion will be marked by live music from local bands (latin flair, bluegrass, and Afro-beat) and artistic T-shirt making.
- 6-7 p.m. Acoustic Ambiance with Ricardo
- 7:15-8 p.m. Bluegrass Git-Down w/ Mike Pope & the Big Decisions
- 8:30-9:15 p.m. SDMA's World Album of the Year Award Winners Todo Mundo
- 9:30-10:15 p.m. Soul Ablaze with spoken word by Gina Tang
- 10:30 p.m. Community Jam: All are welcome. Bring your voice, your instruments, your love & your dance!
PLUS, there will be many secret surprises & guest appearances on this evening!
A NOT TO BE MISSED EVENT for 2012!
A honey-themed meal featuring locally-sourced produce and meat will be available for purchase:
- Free Range Honey Braised Chicken
- Stewed red beans with almonds and honey
- Roasted pumpkin mash with cilantro
- Balsamic-honey glazed roasted root vegetables
- Sauteed seasonal greens with smoked paprika and bee pollen
- Curried rice and lentils with a touch of honey
Wash it all down with locally crafted beer, honey mead, and honey ginger ale!
The highlight of the night will be a honey-tasting! Tempt your taste buds with several different flavors and learn what makes these flavors so unique. Wow your friends by guessing the provenance of each nectarous nibble, then stock up on honey for next year's holiday gifts. And just in case you haven't had enough toothsome treats, we'll be serving up artisan truffles, as well.
Come on down and bring your sweety to Saturday's soiree!
Chef Jenny Goff – Pressure cooker bread from the galley of her 32-ft sailboat, lobster quiche at her Maine island bed and breakfast, fancy four course meals on celebrity strewn yachts in the Caribbean, kimchi in the middle of Seeds@City farm, scooping honey off combs straight from the hive: Jenny will prepare (and eat) it if it's fresh and promises tastiness. She has been cooking at sea with stints on land for the past twelve years. Jenny is ecstatic to be back in her hometown of San Diego playing the roles of chef and farmer in this amazing food community! Bzzzzz! She is available for private cheffing and events. Contact her at email@example.com.
The Hive is also an art gallery, so come celebrate the work of local artists:
- Mario Torero
- Mark Jesinoski
- Mario Blanco
- Rich Walker
- True DeLorenzo
- Rory Canfield